Sunday 14 July 2013

Brush cleaning

bynki
This is what I use at the moment, Bobbi brown brush cleanser. £10.50

Although this tends to be the one thing we overlook most, it is one of the most important things we can do! Quality makeup brushes can range in price and it’s very important to take care of them because they should last years, maybe even a lifetime if you take care of them properly. Makeup brushes can be a breeding ground for bacteria, think of how much bacteria is on your face daily when you use unclean brushes. Bacteria and natural oils transmit onto your brushes every time they come in contact with your skin and if you are using them on clients like I do, then cleaning your brushes is a serious must. If you’re prone to acne then cleaning your brush is a must also because if you don’t, you are only continuing to spread bad bacteria that can cause even more breakouts on your face. Finally if you don't clean your brushes, you will not get the optimum results from them, A brush packed full of makeup isn’t going to do the job it was designed to do when it’s dirty. Here are a few steps i take when cleaning my brushes and Why

◦Benefit of keeping my makeup brushes clean is SOFTNESS - Makeup buildup on your brushes can make them feel scratchy, cleaning your brushes on a regular basis will help keep them soft and supple. This is especially great for people with sensitive skin.

◦How often do I clean my brushes? - Preferably, once a week if not more especially if I have worked on clients, this will help maintain your brushes lifespan. I wash my brushes at night and allow them to dry so they will be ready for the next day or right after your apply your makeup, all depends on you. Allow them to dry over a few hours as well, as a makeup artists I also use disinfecting liquid on my brushes after each use on clients.

◦For spot cleaning - I usually do spritz some cleaning solution onto my brush and then wipe them off on a tissue or towel until I can no longer see any product residue. Some of my favourite brush cleaners are Sonia Kashuk Brush and Sponge Cleanser, Bobbi Brown Conditioning Brush Cleanser and e.l.f. Studio Daily Brush Cleaner.   xoxo bynki

No comments:

Post a Comment