Here’s my tip to stop your lipstick (especially matte) drying out
· Make sure lips are regularly exfoliated. You can simply brush a wet toothbrush over them to help remove the scraps.
· Stay hydrated while wearing your matte lipstick. Drink plenty of water, it helps to hydrate your entire body and moist your lips preventing your lips from getting dry.
· Always use a lip primer. This will help to heal the fine lines and wrinkles on your lips, It will also help smooth over the lines and gives the lipstick another layer to adhere and stick to.
· When it’s time to reapply your lipstick, I advice its best to take everything off and start all over (hard work I know but it pays). Matte lipstick dries with wear so adding a fresh application on top of the dry lips can get quite cakey.
· If bleeding of colour is also an issue, line your lips with a pencil similar in colour to your lipstick to help it stay put and stop it from spilling over your entire mouth.