- Your skin gets oily & slippery throughout the day
- Can be worse in certain areas of the face such as the T zone
- You will often see enlarged pores, blackheads, oily eyelids
Skincare: Have a strict skincare schedule for yourself. Use a gentle cleanser to clean your face when you wake up in the morning and before you go to bed at night. Mask your face 1-2 times a month (check out my DIY face mask tutorial ), this will help to minimize the appearance of your pores and reduce excess shine.Makeup: Oil absorbing products are your best bet. If you have large pores, Always allow your foundation and/or concealer to dry and settle in before you finish off with a light dust of a mattifying pressed powder.
- Your skin is tight, flaky and scaly
- Your skin may crack and flake off in patches
- You may see extra redness
Makeup: Luminizing and anti-aging products are you best friend! Always moisturize beforehand, and apply a primer to help smooth over the dry patches on your face. Next, apply your foundation, and always set with very light bit of powder .
- Your skin is oily in some areas and dry in others
- You experience flakiness as well as shininess
- Your skin condition may vary from day to day
Skincare: Generally, you should follow the same routine I suggested for those with oily skin. Also always wash your face when you wake up and before you go to bed.Makeup: I recommend that you invest in two type of foundation - a foundation with matte finish for days you are more oily, and creamier foundation for days when you’re really combating those dry patches. Apply a moisturizer and primer beforehand and then apply your foundation. Use your powder only over the areas you get most oily to help reduce and control shine.
- Your skin is even toned and does not get excessively dry or oily
- You may experience minor oiliness or dryness but Not severely
Skincare: Even though you may not get issues as people with oily, dry, or combo skin do, it is still important to have an everyday routine for your skin. Always make sure you remove all makeup whatever time of the day and apply a light moisturizer before you apply your makeup to light up your complexionMakeup: Use a light foundation or tinted moisturizer to even out your skin tone, Set it with a bit of pressed powder for added coverage and longevity.
- Your skin often becomes irritated
- You may experience skin issues regularly
- Sensitivity can be triggered by makeup or skincare products, as well as stress, hormone, your diet and the environment
Skincare: Use the gentlest products you can find, please keep away from ingredients such as alcohol, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and perfumes.Makeup: Stick to fragrance-free products designed for sensitive skin types. Make sure you always test new products on a small area of your skin before applying to your entire face.